Freelancers need to learn how to capitalize on lead generation techniques.
Landing clients is your number one goal in succeeding as a freelancer.
Lead generation is learning how to attract the clients for your type of business.
As a Freelance business owner you need to make sure you have your clients interested in your business, products, or services.
TYPES OF LEAD GENERATION
- Cold Calls
- Email marketing
- Social Media Marketing
5 Freelance Lead Generation Ideas
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization). This is one of the most important Lead generation ideas you can start working on. Your customers need to know you exist; therefore, you need to have an online presence. One of the most successful ways to do this is to create a blog for your business. On a regular basis, you should publish valuable content. Follow up your blog posts with other methods of social media marketing like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- YouTube– People love visuals, so it’s very important that you try to incorporate videos into your marketing materials. You can create educational, tutorial, and how-to videos that can assist your customers in finding out more about your freelance business. Always find a way to try and help make someone’s life easier. You can find out how to make someone else’s life easier by knowing what would make your life easier. Check out how one of our clients helps her Youtube fan Base. She makes Youtube Videos and then she hires us to help make blog posts.
- Utilize LinkedIn– Don’t forget about the networking available to you on LinkedIn. This social media outlet has a lot of business people registered, including freelancers. This can help you gain valuable contacts.
- Testimonies – I can’t say this enough. Always get written testimonies from your customers. Word of mouth is huge advertising and it’s basically FREE. If your customers are happy then they won’t mind telling everyone. Look at YELP. It was created and people are putting their reviews online about businesses all over the world. The reviewers aren’t getting paid to post reviews, but they do it anyway. The only benefit the reviewer receives is the fact that they may be helping other people, but they aren’t making a dime and YELP is making a killing. So you see how important testimonies can be? Get them !
- Offer a FREEBIE – People love getting something for free. Don’t you? I know I do. Whether you create a giveaway, a free informational product, or a free consultation, give something away of value to the potential client. This is your way of showing them you care.
Once you’ve thought of your lead generation method you want to use, make sure you follow-up on all of your leads. You won’t know if the customer is really interested in your product until you contact them.
Don’t assume they won’t be interested. Don’t Assume they don’t have money right now. Just Assume the answer is YES until you hear a NO.
Stay organized in the process. We will talk more about organization in a later post. I don’t want you to get overwhelmed, so until next time — GO Get those LEADS
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.