Ridesharing has become super popular and convenient.
Rideshare allows you to save time, money, and wear and tear on your own vehicle.
The two most favorite ride sharing companies are Uber and Lyft.Along with such easy transportation options will come crooks who will find a way to put a damper in any plan.
Mentally ill people have started attacking, robbing, and sexually molesting women in these ride sharing trips.
Some women have been a bit tipsy and while standing waiting for the uber or Lyft car to drive up, another unsuspecting car will drive up and the person asks if they are awaiting a ride.
The rider gets in, not paying attention to the vehicle and person they booked through the company.
The perpetrator then takes off and has his way with the victim.
This is super sad.
Here are a few ways you can protect yourself from becoming a victim of this type crime.
- Don’t get drunk and you are left alone to fin for yourself. Have a friend stay with you the entire ride.
- Pay attention to the type of car that’s supposed to come and pick you up. There is usually a photo and name sent via the app. Pay attention.
- Screenshot the driver in the app and send it to a family member or friend before you get into the car.
- Verify the driver and car before getting into the car. Ask the driver for his or her name. Don’t automatically tell them the name you have.
- If you don’t feel comfortable, don’t get in.
These safety tips can save your life or the life of a loved one.
Please forward and repeat this message.
Don’t get caught off guard.
Do you use rideshare? If so have you had any weird encounters?
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.